Moto 360 Sport Featuring AnyLight Display to Launch in India on April 27th
Motorola India is all set to launch the Moto 360 Sport version in India on Wednesday. The Moto 360 (2nd Gen) was initially unveiled in September last year. While it had only launched the leather and metal variants , it has planned to launch a sport variant mainly keeping in mind athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
The company has tweeted a teaser hinting the launch with the caption- “#WhatsYourExcuse to not wake up for the morning cricket match? 3 more days to go for Moto 360 Sport!”
Moto 360 Sport
The major difference between the sport variant and the leather and metal variants are the materials that are used. The AnyLight hybrid feature of the sport variant makes visibility better when exposed to sunlight and the watch also sports a waterproof silicone body. The sport variant has mainly a rubber body with silicon straps.
The Moto 360 Sport is equipped with a built-in GPS that has the capability to measure speed, distance and pace. There is also a heart rate sensor that can track other measures. With the Moto 360 Sport users can store and listen to music right from their wrist. Not to forget the company at the launch last year also claimed that the smartwatch’s strong silicone design with special UV coating resists fading and staining keeping away moisture.
Coming to the key specifications of the Android Wear powered smartwatch:
- It features a 1.37-inch LCD display at 360×325 pixels resolution and 263ppi pixel density.
- The screen also sports Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for protection from scratches.
- It is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 with 450MHz GPU
- Coupled with 512MB of RAM.
- There is 4GB of storage.
- Moto 360 Sport can be connected to smartphone via Bluetooth 4.0.
- It supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g and packs barometric altimeter, accelerometer, ambient light, and gyroscope sensors while also houses a vibration/ haptics engine.
- It can measure heart rate and is water resistant with IP67 dust and water resistant certification.
- The smartwatch packs dual digital mics.
- The Moto 360 Sport packs a 300mAh battery.
Considering that the Moto 360 Sport was priced at $299.99 (approximately Rs. 20,000) in the US, in India the pricing of the wearable could around the same price. However at this price range the upcoming smartwatch might have to compete with Fitbit Surge and the Apple Watch Sport.
Get heard. What do you think about the new smartwatch from Motorola? Share your thoughts by commenting in the section below.
Found something you like? Want more of this?Guess what! You’re invited to join our community. It’s fun and completely free. We’d love to keep in touch with you through our groovy newsletter.