Here’s a List of the Top 5 New Features of Samsung Galaxy Note 7
The Korean smartphone manufacturer Samsung launched the Galaxy Note 7 in New York, London and Rio de Janeiro. The much awaited Galaxy Note 7 will go on sale in plenty other countries sooner this month. Expect the Note 7 at a price range around EUR 699 (roughly Rs.52,300). Pre-orders have begun in the US and it will be available in that region around August 16th.The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is expected to be unveiled in India on August 11th but the pricing details are not confirmed as yet.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Unique Features
- Iris Scanner
The Galaxy Note 7 is the first smartphone from Samsung to feature the iris scanner. Other manufacturers have included the iris scanner on their devices and Samsung had also featured it in the Samsung Tab Iris tablet. This iris scanner feature unlocks the smartphone by looking at it and Samsung claims that it is more secure than the fingerprint scanner. The phone also has a finger print scanner equipped.
Also see: VR vs 3D
- Upgraded S Pen
The S pen stylus is dust proof and water resistant and also comes with a IP68 certification. It also has a finer point tip that is 0.7 mm smaller than the previous version stylus. The pressure sensitivity of the S Pen has been increased from previous models. You can also create gif images from the videos using this stylus and other additions include new Air Command functions for magnifying and translation.
- Samsung Cloud
Samsung launched its new cloud service called the Samsung Cloud and the Note 7 is the first to use this service. Samsung is to provide 15 GB of free storage for backup and it will also let you transfer data, apps, layouts and settings.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
The Note 7 is the first smartphone to feature the Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The Corning Gorilla Glass 5 was unveiled last month and is so far the strongest glass.
- HDR streaming
This is the first of the Note series to support content streaming in High Dynamic Range or (HDR). Samsung partnered with Amazon to provide HDR streaming and the company has taken its expertise in TV manufacturing and adapted it to the mobile chipset.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Key Specifications
- The phone comes with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display and it measures 153.50 x 73.90 x 7.90 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 169.00 grams
- Comes with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels at a PPI of 518 pixels per inch.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7 is powered by 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 8890 processor
- Coupled with 4GB of RAM
- The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card
- The phone packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
- The Note 7 runs Android 6.0.1
- Powered by a 3500mAh non removable battery
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7 is a single SIM (GSM) smartphone that accepts a Nano-SIM
- Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India)
- Sensors on the phone include Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, and Gyroscope.
Get heard. What do you think about the new release from Samsung? Let us know by commenting in the section below.
Found something you like? Want more of this?Guess what! You’re invited to join our community. It’s fun and completely free. We’d love to keep in touch with you through our groovy newsletter.